“I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.”
Isaiah 49:25b NIV
God has promised that He will fight for you and your family. He will save your children! The principle of salvation for your household is clearly given throughout the Bible:
• God established the family from the beginning, as expressed in Genesis 1:27-28: “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number...’” (NIV).
• Genesis 7:1 declares, “The Lord then said to Noah, ‘Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation’” (NIV) Noah’s entire family was saved from the flood.
• That principle comes through loudly in the Exodus 12 account of the first Passover: “Each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household” (verse 3 NIV). It was not a lamb for each person. The shed blood was to cover every person in the household.
• In Joshua 24:15, we read: “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord” (NIV).
• Acts 16:14-15 shares the story of Lydia, a new believer in Jesus: “The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message... she and the members of her household were baptized” (NIV).
• Recorded later in that same chapter, not only did the Philippian jailer become a new believer, but he also witnessed the miracle of his household’s salvation.
Because of the principles given throughout Scripture, you have the spiritual right to claim every member of your family for Christ. Ultimately, each is responsible to God for the decision to accept or reject His simple plan of salvation, but we can intercede that God will draw all our loved ones to Himself.